Farm Fresh (Wednesday, July 29, 2020)
Get ready to eat! On this day we will prepare recipes from food grown right on our farm. We will spend time in the garden, weeding and harvesting and talking about the joy of good work. Together we will prepare salsa from the garden and learn the basics of bread baking and butter making.
- 9:00a – Coffee and Farmyard Scavenger Hunt
- 9:30 – Introductions and Farm Lesson
- 10:00 – Gardening and Salsa-making rotation
- 10:45 – Bread basics and butter making rotation
- 11:30 – Life Application: Pulling weeds when they are small
- 12:00p – Bring your own picnic (optional)